CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, April 6, 2009

Void

It's odd to feel that way again... after I haven't had this strange feeling in a while. The kind where you sit calmly and realise you are lonely, then wonder if you are in fact, feeling sad. It's another one of those rare moments where I'd dwell on the various aspects of my life again, finally having the time to reflect.

And all the contemplating starts. One thought after another, linking them into a web of memories. Some things I rather remember, others I want to forget. No matter how far the thoughts go, one always circles back. This bitter sweet emptiness that's foreign but at the same time nostalgic.

This oddity of a void, that masks everything in a deathly stillness. Devoid of opinion and emotion. I start to wonder if we laugh to feel less empty; see friends to feel less lonely and dream to pass the time? Do we pretend to be things we are not because it's easier than facing reality?

There's obviously some sort of meaning you write into my life, otherwise I won't feel so odd without your presence... like I'm slowly slipping and losing sight on what I want and what I am.

"We dream so we don't have to be apart for so long". - I can't stop thinking about this sentence and the value behind it...

0 comments: