CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Bitter Contempt


Pic totally unrelated to post. And I guess angry rant ahead... avoid til next post, when I'm in a better mood.

...

k go.

It's not often that you'd get pissed off by a total stranger on a bus, but still, I guess it can happen. It wasn't much of a big deal either, just probably my mood and tiredness.

Somehow out of luck I ended up at the station to catch the bus at the same time my grandparents had. I guess that's what happens when you wag uni. They happened to be with a friend~ and like all homey Asian gatherings get, they get happy, excited and loud.

We all got onto the same bus and since grandpa has a habit of seating alone, his friend was talking to him from I guess a few seats away. Sure there was a few strange stares at these Asians talking in their funny dialect half way across the bus to each other... but I doubt they were causing much serious disturbances.

So came the time when his friend had to get off the bus. The 80 year old happened to be carrying his own groceries by himself, which included a selection of potatoes and milk. Due to a sudden brake from the bus driver, he lost his balance during a goodbye wave to my grandpa and slipped backwards. Lucky he fell back onto his seat and the half empty bag of his just slid down the aisle.

Still, what struck me was that no one decided to help him. What was worse and made me really angry was the fact that this woman next to me quite loudly proclaimed "What a stupid man". What was dressed as a homely, pristine and probably hoping for classy with her ugly bleached blonde hair and cheap pharmacy sunglasses, woman, was perhaps the most grotesque reminder to me on ignorant people.

Selfish, pampered individuals like you would never know what it's like to be in trouble. Consideration is probably a concept too vague for that brain of yours filled only with lowly imitations of Gucci, Prada and LV. If you are free to hang around a bus at 3, perhaps seeking employment might make your dreary existence more worthwhile, and less like that of a pimple on the asscheek of society.

Keep your silence if all you can offer is your own downgraded human experience. The lack of compassion makes you a truly despicable creature dressed in a ironically worldly manner that only reflects how out of place you truly are. I regret not putting you in your place today, but I do hope one day, when you are slipping half way down the anus of life, a stranger would offer you the kind words ~ "What a stupid woman"

May you have a lovely day, and that you find the humourless bitterness in your own ignorance nostalgic, when the same scene replays itself on another bus. Only the person falling is your mother, or even better, yourself.

0 comments: